COVID-19 Alert - For the latest information on the novel coronavirus in Kentucky, please visit

Applicant Information

Individuals or business entities can obtain the following resident or nonresident licenses:

  • Adjuster or Apprentice Adjuster
  • Administrator (TPA)
  • Agent
  • Consultant
  • Life Settlement Broker
  • Life Settlement Provider
  • Managing General Agent
  • Reinsurance Intermediary Broker or Manager
  • Rental Vehicle Agent and Managing Employee
  • Pharmacy Benefit Manager
  • Portable Electronics Retailer
  • Surplus Lines Broker

Prospective applicants can expedite their applications/registrations submission via the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR) portal. 

When applying for a resident license you must request a criminal background check from the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) by submitting an electronic request via AOC's  AOCFastCheck portal, which notifies you via e-mail when the results are available. After the Department processes your application/registration, you can search your name via our Individual/Business Entity Search.