All applicants must have a scheduled appointment to sit for examination(s); walk-ins are not accepted.
You may schedule an examination via obtaining an eServices account after the Department processes your application. If you have never registered for secure access, please click the "create account" link.
- Any applicant who fails to report for a scheduled appointment may forfeit the $50 fee for examination.
- Arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled time. If you fail to arrive by your scheduled test time, you may forfeit your placement at the testing site due to availability.
- Government-issued photo ID must be provided in order to take any exam.
- There is an examination fee of $50 for each scheduled retake of an examination.
- Any changes to exam appointments should be made 24 hours prior to the scheduled time. Failure to give 24-hour notice of cancellation may result in the forfeiture of the $50 examination fee.
Schedule details are available by clicking the specific site: Frankfort, Ashland, Bowling Green, Elizabethtown, Florence, Henderson, Lexington, London, Louisville, Madisonville, Maysville, Middlesboro, Owensboro, Paducah, Prestonsburg and Somerset. Consultant applications should contact DOI at (502) 564-6004 to schedule their exam. Each exam is 150 questions, that requires 190 minutes to complete. DOI will ensure the location is able to accommodate the consultant examination on the chosen day.
All examinations are computerized and graded upon completion. Applicants who do not pass the examination may pay the $50 retake fee and reschedule another examination through eServices on the next business day. License certificates may only be printed from the licensees eServices account.