KY Agencies  |  KY Services  |  Search   for Search Terms 

 denotes external link
Skip Navigation Links
Our Divisions / ProgramsExpand <b>Our Divisions / Programs</b>
File a ComplaintExpand <b>File a Complaint</b>
Health Reform Information
Health Insurance Assistance
Report Insurance Fraud
Consumer Information
Agent Licensing Information
Company Information
Communications and Public Outreach
Public Meetings
Forms & Documents
Statutes & Regulations
Bulletins & Advisories
Contact Us / Directions
Adjuster / Apprentice Information

A person who is paid to investigate or settle claims arising under insurance contracts must be licensed as an adjuster.  We issue the following types of adjuster licenses:

  • Independent adjuster investigates and settles property and casualty claims solely on behalf of the insurers
  • Public adjuster investigates and settles property and casualty claims solely on behalf of the insured
  • Crop adjuster investigates and settles crop claims only
  • Workers' compensation adjuster investigates and settles workers' compensation claims only.  Additional information is available by visiting the Kentucky - Department Workers' Claims Web site:

In the event the applicant for an adjuster's license meets all other requirements for the license but does not have the experience or training for handling claims, the applicant may be issued a temporary license as an apprentice adjuster without passing the examination.  An apprentice adjuster license is only available to those individuals who reside and work in Kentucky.

Prospective applicants can expedite their applications / registrations submission via the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR) portal. 

Related Documents
Announcement of eServices Option: Unlicensed CAT Loss Adjusters [PDF-244K]
Crop Adjuster License Q & A [PDF-154K]
Form 8301 - Individual Application [PDF-340K]
Form 8301-BGC - Background Check Request Form (online) [PDF-130K]
Form 8303 - Change of Address/Name (Form Only) [PDF-100K]
Form 8304 - Exam Retake Form [PDF-81K]
Form 8307 - Request for Unlicensed Adjuster Representing Insurer to Adjust Losses From a Catastrophe [PDF-54K]
Form VS - Voluntary Surrender of License [PDF-64K]
Insurer Address Change - Form 14 (NAIC) []
Quick Reference for Non-Resident Individual Applicants [PDF-91K]
Quick Reference for Resident Individual Applicants [PDF-89K]
Privacy Policy  |   Disclaimer  |   Accessibility Statement   Font Size Copyright © 2010 Commonwealth of Kentucky
All rights reserved.