Contribute to the Team Eastern Kentucky Flood Relief Fund at 

Admission Applications

Due to Kentucky's adoption of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners' (NAIC) Uniform Certificate of Authority Application (UCAA) program, effective June 1, 2000, all life, title, fraternal, health, property and casualty companies should use the NAIC's UCAA, which is available on NAIC's website.

The primary application should be used by newly-formed Kentucky insurance companies seeking a Certificate of Authority in Kentucky and for insurers not currently domiciled in Kentucky wishing to re-domesticate to Kentucky. All other insurance companies, already licensed elsewhere, should submit the expansion application. The Corporate Amendments Application should be used to request amendments to an existing Certificate of Authority and for changes, such as address, amending articles of incorporation and/or bylaws.

Kentucky – Specific Forms

Kentucky has no state specific forms to be filed with the UCAA application except for an HMO or LHMO. In those cases, the application must include a Certificate of Need or evidence that no Certificate of Need is required. This documentation can be obtained from the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services per KRS Chapter 216B. This is required for all foreign and domestic company applications (per KRS 304.38-040(3)(a)).

For the primary and expansion applications, third-party verification of the biographical affidavits is required, as per the UCAA Instructions.